per 1 hour
John is a certified Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach and a Professional Plant Based Chef working to help individuals to improve their health in a simple and attainable way, especially those with chronic ailments. John believes in using evidence-based diet and lifestyle changes to help his clients regain and maintain optimal health, by gradually introducing healthy eating habits and living practices specific to their body and lifestyle.
Each person is unique and his or her life circumstances and priorities are always taken into consideration. John understands that changing habits and creating a healthy lifestyle doesn't happen overnight. He guides his clients to remove barriers, helping them to create new healthy practices one step at a time. With the knowledge that we aren’t “perfect” all the time, John reminds clients to enjoy life and food, while finding balance to get back on track.
John will utilize his education, both from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, a bachelor degree in science, being a certified professional plant based chef, certified FOK (Forks over Knives) chef plus 20 years in consulting to turn your health around. So you can feel better, have more energy and be your healthiest self.
John practices a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that he looks at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As you work with John, you’ll look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
John works as a Health Coach at Food Matters and also runs his own health coaching practice named JvVHealth. John is passionate about sharing his knowledge and personal stories in the hopes of empowering others to transform their relationship with food, their own body and their health.
10 Fun facts about John:
- Before moving into the corporate world and technology, research and development was his main focus. He was involved in re-establishing the allowable values of several neurotoxins for all of Europe before the European Union was established by doing a lot of brain surgery on mice and rats.
- Key contributor to the study – “Low doses of morphine reduce voluntary alcohol consumption in rhesus monkeys”
- He likes to ride his bike and he was the VP of the St. Petersburg Bike Club
- Other hobbies are fishing and boating or just hanging out on the beach
- Loves his wine and he is a CSW (Certified Specialist of Wine)
- Born in Utrecht, The Netherlands
- He is a Taurus, stubborn, but loyal and has an eye for detail
- He does own six bikes but only has one car
- He absolutely loves cooking (both Forks Over Knives (FOK) and Professional Plant-Based Certified)
- And he has been in the US for more than 20 years now
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor Degree of Science, 1990
Hogeschool Utrecht, Utrecht
- Graduate, Health Coach, 2015
Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Certified, Plant Based Chef, 2016
FOK, (Forks over Knifes), certificates through Rouxbe
John is located in USA, and has 35 available client spots.